The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games (henceforth “the S.R.N.G.”) is committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of the information provided to it and complies with the effective Personal Data Protection legislation.
We provide this Privacy Statement (henceforth “the Statement”) to help you understand how we may use any personal information we receive from you.
By providing your personal information, you agree with our Privacy Statement and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not provide us with your personal information. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into and forms part of the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this website in general. We will use your information only for the purposes set out below. We may periodically update this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you regularly visit this page to ensure that you have read the latest version.
1. Who we are
The non-profit, athletic organization by the name “The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games” (S.R.N.G.) and the distinctive title “Nemea” was founded in 1995, organizes every four years the modern revival of the Nemean Games in the stadium of Ancient Nemea and is based in the Local Community of Ancient Nemea of the Municipality of Nemea in the Prefecture of Corinthia, at the premises of the former Municipal Building. Also, in 2017, the Nemea Foundation, based in California, USA, was established and its sole purpose is to support the activities of the S.R.N.G.
2. What personal data relevant to you do we collect?
2.1. The name or brand name of members, donors, runners, volunteers, foundations, associations, organizations. We collect the names (name, surname) and the brand names of all the above and the names of their contact persons, when they express their interest in our activities.
2.2. Email address. We collect the email address of all the above and their contact persons.
2.3. Postal address. We collect the home or business address of all the above, when we want to contact them by mail or send them material/publications to promote our activities.
2.4. Other contact information. We collect other contact details of all the above, such as their telephone number or of their contact persons, to provide better and quicker information about our activities.
2.5. We try to minimize the risk of your rights and freedoms by not collecting sensitive personal data that concerns you.
3. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you communicate with us expressing your interest in the activities we organize, when we enter into a business relationship, and when you visit our website and fill in the following forms: membership registration, runner registration, volunteer registration and order of the DVD of the documentary “Passage Into History”. We do not sell your personal data to anyone and we share it with third parties in order to promote the S.R.N.G. activities and ONLY if we have your consent.
4. How do we use (process) your personal data?
We use your personal information to contact you, if you have requested it.
5. The legal basis for processing your personal data
5.1. We process your personal information to contact you and inform you about the activities of the S.R.N.G., provided that you have communicated it to us at your own initiative.
5.2. If we are to process your personal data for purposes of communication or promotion of our activities, we are obliged to have first requested and obtained your consent.
5.3. In some cases, processing your personal data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for the purposes of our compliance with national and/or European legislation.
6. For how long do we maintain your personal data?
6.1. We keep your personal information for as long as our business relationship lasts. The periods of personal data maintenance are determined on the basis of the type of personal data collected, the purpose for which it is collected, and our compliance with national and/or European legislation, taking into account the conditions prevailing in each case and the need to destroy old data which are no longer used as soon as possible.
6.2. For more information about where and for how long your personal data is kept, please contact email@example.com.
7. Our guarantee to protect your data
When you give us your personal data, we take steps to ensure that they are kept secure. In order to protect your personal data, we take physical, technical and organizational protection measures. We update and control the security technology we use on a sustained basis. We restrict access to your personal data only to those employees who need to know this information in order to provide information to you. In addition, we educate employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining privacy and security of your personal data.
8. When and how do we pass on your personal data to others?
8.1. We do not share personal information with third parties who are not affiliated with us and unless we have your consent. The S.R.N.G. will disclose personal data only in accordance with this Statement and/or when required by applicable law.
• Our service providers who can process your personal data on our behalf, to whom we provide your personal data only when they meet our strict data and security standards. We only disclose personal information that allows them to provide their services.
• Courts, judicial authorities, law enforcement authorities or regulators: the S.R.N.G. may disclose personal data in response to requests from courts, judicial authorities, governmental or law enforcement authorities, whenever it is necessary or wise to comply with applicable law, court rulings, or rules or orders of courts or judicial authorities.
• Checks: personal data disclosures may also be required for checks relating to personal data protection and security and/or investigation, or a response to a complaint or security threat.
8.2. The personal data we collect from you is stored in one or more databases hosted on the premises of the S.R.N.G.
9. Your rights
You generally have the following rights under the applicable Personal Data Protection legislation:
• Right to be informed about your personal data that is stored by us
• Right to request the correction, deletion (under conditions) or limited processing of your personal data
• Right to oppose processing for purposes of our own legitimate interest, public interest or profiling, unless we can demonstrate that there are mandatory grounds, rights and freedoms overriding your interests, or that such treatment is for purposes of claiming or defense of our legal claims
• Right to data portability
• In cases when we process your personal data based on your consent, you also have the right at any time to withdraw your consent, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing for the period before your consent was withdrawn.
• Lastly, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Greek independent authority that is in charge, which is the Personal Data Protection Authority (http://www.dpa.gr).
10. Transmission of personal data outside the EU
The personal data we collect from you is not transmitted or processed outside of the European Union. This can only be done for the purpose of promoting the activities of the S.R.N.G. and ONLY if we have your consent.
11. Automatic Collection of Personal Data
11.1 IP addresses
The IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet. It allows computers and servers to identify and communicate with each other. The IP addresses from which visitors appear to be logged can be recorded for security of information technology and system diagnostics. This data can also be used in aggregated form to analyze the trends and performance of the site.
The S.R.N.G. uses optional cookies on its website. Cookies are text files that we place in your computer’s browser files when you visit our website. Cookies may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information we collect using cookies is not personal data. You can always reject our cookies at any time if your browser allows it, but in this case some of our site information may not work properly for you. We do not allow third parties to place cookies on our website.
11.2.1. Cookies are subject to your consent
We use optional cookies only with your consent. When you first access our website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the use of optional cookies. If your consent is given, we will set a cookie on your computer and the banner will not reappear as long as this cookie is active. After the cookie expires or if you delete the cookie, the banner will reappear the next time you visit our website and you will be prompted to give your consent again.
11.2.2. How to prevent cookies from being installed
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We provide these links for your convenience, but we do not review, check, or monitor the privacy practices of sites managed by third parties. In addition, these privacy statements do not apply to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the performance of third-party websites or for the business transactions you make with them.
13. How to contact us?
You may contact us for any questions regarding the processing of your personal data by us or to exercise your rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Publication Information – Changes and Updates
This Statement was last updated on November 15, 2018. We reserve the right to modify and update this Statement at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, except posting the updated Statement on our website.